With EgoSecure Data Protection, the German security specialist EgoSecure from Ettlingen has been the innovation leader in comprehensive data protection solutions since 2005. EgoSecure is the first vendor in the world to combine statistics and real-time analysis of the current security situation in the company and a complete endpoint data loss protection functionality in one solution. All this is tightly interconnected in one solution through one management console, one database, and one installation and administration concept. This guarantees fast installation and easy administration. User training is usually not necessary because most of the protection functions take place in the background. The goal of EgoSecure is to make users’ work safe without losing productivity. All in keeping with the motto ‘everything continues to run as before, but much safer’.
EgoSecure GmbH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Matrix 42 AG. The German corporate group maintains worldwide sales and technology partnerships and supports more than 5,000 international companies of all sizes and industries with more than 350 employees. The Matrix 42 Group’s solutions make more than 6 million end devices more efficient and secure.
In 2012 we introduced the porcupine Egon as an integral part of our corporate identity. The porcupine resonates particularly well with our corporate philosophy because it is one of the few animals on earth that has no natural enemies, due to its innovative defense strategy.
The spines are the longest in the entire realm of mammals and are unique in that they provide optimum protection on all sides. Even much larger predators will not try to attack a porcupine. If they do, well let’s just say they won’t ever try again! And, the same applies to any who might try to attack our customers’ data. However, Porcupines are not unpleasant fellows, quite the contrary. They are very easy to care for, need social contact and are playful. Towards their own kind, they re-orientate their spines so that they do not hurt each other as they snuggle up in cold weather to keep each other warm.
Our solutions are designed the same way. Although they protect very effectively, they are still friendly to both administrators and users. The administration is very intuitive. The protective measures take place in the background, so users are unaware and productivity is unaffected.
- 2005 – First version of the product Device Management
- 2007 – Portfolio Expansion: Application Management
- 2008 – Expansion to multiple encryption technologies
- 2010 – Data Destruction and Power Management
- 2011 – Natalya Kaspersky invests in the company
- 2012 – Renaming of cynapspro GmbH to EgoSecure GmbH
- 2012 – New product philosophy (C.A.F.E principle, mobile worlds, etc.)
- 2013 – New module: Folder Encryption
- 2013 – Integrated Cloud Security following the C.A.F.E-principle (the world’s first solution)
- 2014 – Acquisition of EncryptionHDD (formerly Secude FinallySecure)
- 2014 – Extension to Network Encryption and Internet-Audit 2014 – New module: E-Mail Encryption
- 2015 – Special solutions for municipalities and for the health care sector
- 2015 – The new module INSIGHT leads into a new era in data security
- 2015 – Change of the release strategy – the versions 10.1 and 10.2 hit the market
- 2015 – Over 2,000 customers use EgoSecure Data Protection (December 2015)
- More than 2,100 customers (as of 12/2016).
- Numerous DAX companies.
- Large number of medium-sized enterprises.
- Almost all industries are represented.
- Large number of clients from the public sector.
- Many highly security conscious organisations, e.g. banks, police, data centers, etc..