With our product EGOSECURE DATA PROTECTION, we have been innovating and leading the field of comprehensive data protection solutions for more than 10 years. Our first product was developed and released in 2005 in Ettlingen, Baden Wurttemberg (Germany), where the company is still located. To date, more than 2,100 customers across all industries and of all sizes, enjoy the benefits of data security from EGOSECURE.
With the analysis module Insight and its 20 protection modules, we are the first manufacturer worldwide to combine the analysis of the data flow with the safeguards for data, in one solution. Our philosophy is not to implement security practices and solutions based on speculation and what might be. We deal in facts. Our solution accurately collates the data protection security situation, specific to a network. It identifies what particular threats to that organisation actually exist, then we are able to deliver the specific security solutions. With Insight it is also possible to constantly review the level of protection and customise as appropriate.
In 2012 we introduced the porcupine Egon as an integral part of our corporate identity. The porcupine resonates particularly well with our corporate philosophy because it is one of the few animals on earth that has no natural enemies, due to its innovative defense strategy.
The spines are the longest in the entire realm of mammals and are unique in that they provide optimum protection on all sides. Even much larger predators will not try to attack a porcupine. If they do, well let’s just say they won’t ever try again! And, the same applies to any who might try to attack our customers’ data. However, Porcupines are not unpleasant fellows, quite the contrary. They are very easy to care for, need social contact and are playful. Towards their own kind, they re-orientate their spines so that they do not hurt each other as they snuggle up in cold weather to keep each other warm.
Our solutions are designed the same way. Although they protect very effectively, they are still friendly to both administrators and users. The administration is very intuitive. The protective measures take place in the background, so users are unaware and productivity is unaffected.
- 2005 – First version of the product Device Management
- 2007 – Portfolio Expansion: Application Management
- 2008 – Expansion to multiple encryption technologies
- 2010 – Data Destruction and Power Management
- 2011 – Natalya Kaspersky invests in the company
- 2012 – Renaming of cynapspro GmbH to EgoSecure GmbH
- 2012 – New product philosophy (C.A.F.E principle, mobile worlds, etc.)
- 2013 – New module: Folder Encryption
- 2013 – Integrated Cloud Security following the C.A.F.E-principle (the world’s first solution)
- 2014 – Acquisition of EncryptionHDD (formerly Secude FinallySecure)
- 2014 – Extension to Network Encryption and Internet-Audit 2014 – New module: E-Mail Encryption
- 2015 – Special solutions for municipalities and for the health care sector
- 2015 – The new module INSIGHT leads into a new era in data security
- 2015 – Change of the release strategy – the versions 10.1 and 10.2 hit the market
- 2015 – Over 2,000 customers use EgoSecure Data Protection (December 2015)
- More than 2,100 customers (as of 12/2016).
- Numerous DAX companies.
- Large number of medium-sized enterprises.
- Almost all industries are represented.
- Large number of clients from the public sector.
- Many highly security conscious organisations, e.g. banks, police, data centers, etc..